Mar 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

Twenty seven years ago today in a Worcester, Massachusetts hospital, new life was brought into this world at 8:20 am. That new life was me.

My mom had me on the first day of Spring in 1980. To hear her tell it, the day was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining, it was warm, and the trees were getting ready to bud new leaves. The next day of course, there was a snow storm :). Typical New England weather.

This morning, I didn't want to get out of bed. It is damp and raining here in the Bay Area. But, I did, like I do every morning. This morning though, I treated myself to a cup of tea and a fruit salad from a coffee shop down the street as a birthday present.

Earlier in this patrol, Ben and I discussed it and decided that we would celebrate BOTH of our birthdays when he gets back. Mine will be belated, his will be early. He will be at sea for his during the next patrol. He keeps reminding me though that he got me something really nice for my birthday...but won't give me any hints about what it is ;).

Last night before she went to sleep, Mom wished me a Happy Birthday. This morning as I was standing outside my office, locked out with the rest of my co-workers, my Dad called me too. my sister sent me a HILARIOUS e-card. Last night Katelyn and I decided that we'd go camping this weekend to celebrate my birthday. My friend David emailed me this morning to wish me a Happy Birthday.

It is nice to be thought of, especially on your birthday. My friends and family really came through for me.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Rambler said...

Happy Birthday Emily