Mar 24, 2007

Roughing it

Last night Katelyn, her boyfriend Jimmy, and I went camping up in Bodega Bay. On one of my trips to the Coast with Andy I found this great campground right on the beach in the Doran Beach State Park. They don't take reservations though so it's first come, first served. When I called they had one site left, but wouldn't hold it. So, yesterday after training (which thankfully let me out VERY early), Jimmy and I beat feat up to the Coast, and Katelyn followed as soon as she left work.

It was definitely worth it. The view from our campsite was positively wonderful. We were just off the break wall into Bodega Bay.
So, we got there, set up camp, and proceeded relax. It was great.
We built a fire and roasted Polish Sausages, drank some wine, and remembered what stars look like without light pollution to ruin it.Even the dog got into it, and enjoyed himself. He was the only one who was brave enough to go into the water. We opted to go camping to commemorate my last weekend in California, rather than throw a party like we originally planned. This was definitely a much better option, and infinitely less stressful.

It was just what I needed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous… you got to go to that totally sweet campground, both before me and without me! But I’m still really glad you were able to enjoy a nice stress free weekend, I agree that was definitely a much better option than a huge party (esp for the ISTJ in you ^_^ ). I'll definitely have to hit it up sometime once I pull in too… just gotta find someone who likes to camp too.