Mar 21, 2007

It's the Final Countdown...

Seriously, I feel like wherever I go, Europe's "The Final Countdown" should be playing.

I have ten calender days left in the Coast Guard before I go on "terminal leave." That means only 8 working days. I'll be in training for three of those, and moving during 2 of those...so that means only three days left! This is something that I find both exciting and a bit scary.

Every night I get an email from Ben with a countdown in the subject line. We've already done the extent of the planning that I think we'll do for the trip, determined our route, and figured out where we plan on stopping (his uncle's house, the Grand Canyon, and his parent's home). Coda's all caught up on his shots, and I even got him a new dog bed to travel with. The car's been to the mechanic twice, and I had a moving sale to sell off the stuff I don't want to move with me.

I think I'm ready. Let the games begin!

No comments: