Mar 11, 2007

They Say Everything Comes in Threes ...

Yesterday started out fantastic. I woke up feeling great for the first time in days. Yeah, I had a bit of a nagging cough, but it is going away, and well, I didn't have a fever. I counted that as a major victory.

So, armed with that major victory, 100 rounds of ammunition, and Andy's 12-gauge shotgun, we went skeet shooting yesterday. It was a really great time. I haven't shot a gun in a long, LONG time, so my aim wasn't very good. But, eventually I started getting it. The feeling I had when that first clay exploded as my shot hit it was priceless. I want a gun now. I almost bought one on my first drive across the country after graduation, but I decided not to. I think this time, I may actually do it. It was so much fun.So after all that, Andy dropped me off at tire place where I left my car that morning to get new tires on the front and an alignment, and I went down the freeway to get some new jeans.

On the way home from Target is when the real fun started. At 75 miles an hour on the 880 heading northbound, the Serpentine Belt on my engine disintegrated. I lost power steering and power brakes. Every light on my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, telling me that "Houston we have a problem."

Fortunately, Andy was able to come wait withe me for the tow truck, and give me a ride home after the truck dropped my car off in front of the Chevy dealership here in Alameda, where it will sit until Monday morning when they have agreed to fix it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you are ok. Sorry about the car. Jeff