Feb 17, 2007

I don't have ANYTHING to wear (or want to wear anyway)

Why is it an unwritten rule that every time a woman has to wear something besides jeans and a sweater to go out somewhere, they must try on every sweater, pair of pants, and pair of shoes in their closet? After doing this and declaring hatred of everything that I own, I generally end up wearing the first thing I put on in the first place...or something from my roommate's closet.

Seriously though, what AM I buying when I go to the mall?

Tonight was no exception. We are going over to San Francisco to meet a friend of Kate's for dinner, and then going salsa dancing with another group of her friends. I was doing fine until I was informed that the dress code for the evening did not involve jeans. So, it was back to the drawing board (or the dresser drawer and closet in this case). I have come to the conclusion that I don't have much in the way middle-of-the-road dress up clothes. I have beautiful dresses to be worn on occasions that involve nice hair, dressy shoes, and maybe a little dress purse (that really is completely and totally impractical and doesn't hold a whole lot of anything). On the other end of the spectrum, I have plenty of clothes that would be suitable for an evening at Snapper Jack's (a sports bar in Folly Beach). I even have clothes that are suitable for changing my oil. Yet somehow, I managed to skip everything in the middle...

No comments: