Feb 25, 2007

Swimmin' with the fishes (well, maybe not SWIMMING)...

I have been stationed in Alameda twice, and until today I had never actually made it to the aquarium down in Monterey. My parents and I tried to go there when they came out, but were unsuccessful. Every time Glenn visited we said we would go, but never made it. Today I went to the Monterey Aquarium with a friend of mine and her little boy. What an amazing experience.
Being at an aquarium is such a great experience. It is so peaceful and serene. Even when you are surrounded by a crowd of people, it is easy to get lost in the life just beyond the glass. Just looking into the giant tanks, watching animals that you would never otherwise see reminds me of how small we really are in the great scheme of things.
There is nothing cooler though than watching a little one discover a world that just seems to be impossible. As I stood with my friend watching her son watch the fish, I was in awe a little bit myself.
I am so glad that I bought my digital camera. I took so many pictures today. I hope you enjoy the ones I post!

No comments: