Feb 12, 2007

So I guess THIS is how you start a blog...

You know, when I entered college I kept telling my parents "I'm NEVER going to (fill in the blank here)..." Generally, when I said that it meant I would be doing that activity within the next few years. Blogging is no exception.

It started so innocently...I started reading a blog a year and a half ago about a girl about my age who was pregnant and then raising her son...and THEN I thought, how NEAT would it be to have my own blog? Would anybody be interested in what I have to say? Would my life be interesting to anyone else? Then, the blog I read posted a challenge to do a "Six Wierd Things About Me" meme challenge. That was the catalyst. So, I asked my boyfriend what he thought about me writing my own blog...and he was all for it. So, here it is. My first post. Yeah.

Six Wierd Things About Me
1. I think riding the mechanical bull at a country bar is one of the most entertaining ways to spend an evening. Not only do I like to ride the bull, but I like to challenge my boyfriend to see who can stay on longest. I won last time. I'm dying for a rematch.
2. I love watching the show Jeopardy. Not only do I love to watch it, but I'm one of those obnoxious people that gets competitive about it in their own living room. Yes, you should pity BOTH my roommate and my boyfriend.
3. I have nicer hand tools and power tools than most men I know. This stems from a love of NASCAR and all things stock car racing. I started going to the races in the 6th grade with my best friend and his dad, and actually helped out as part of their pit crew. My friends all come to me when they have car problems...unfortunately, computers have rendered me useless (but if you get me a two-by-four and a sledge hammer, I have a pretty good shot at pounding out some of the dents you may have gotten...just ask my sister...)
4. Those "Dangerous Catch" shows that they show on the Discovery channel? Yeah, I get so ridiculously proud when I watch them. I was stationed on a Coast Guard ship like that and spent two winters in the Bering Sea...and if you are in the same room as I am when that show comes on, I feel for you. You will hear every single sea story I have ever had.
5. Not only do I make pancakes from scratch, but I prefer them that way. And they're good (just ask my roommate).
6. I really want to try out for American Idol. In fact, I plan on doing it for next season. I am just afraid that I'm going to end up on the show as one of those delusional people that everyone makes fun of...

So does that make me wierd?

No comments: